Package Duration : 3 Nights / 4 Days
Pacakge Validity : N.A.
Destination Covered : Munnar
Package Cost : On Request
It is one of the attractions that contributed to Kerala's popularity as a travel destination among domestic and foreign travellers. Situated at the confluence of three mountain streams - Muthirapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala, and perched about 1600 m above sea level, the hill station of Munnar once used to be the summer resort of the erstwhile British administration in south India.
This hill station is marked by vast expanses of tea plantations, colonial bungalows, rivulets, waterfalls and cool weather. It is also an ideal destination for trekking and mountain biking. Munnar enjoys a salubrious climate. The temperature ranges between 5 °C (41 °F) and 25 °C (77 °F) in winter and 15 °C (59 °F) and 25 °C (77 °F) in summer. Temperatures as low as −4 °C (25 °F) have been recorded in the Sevenmallay region of Munnar. The mean maximum daily temperature is at its lowest during the monsoon months with the highest temperature being 19 C.
The Houseboats of Kerala or "Kettuvallams", as it is locally mentioned are giant country rafts, measuring upto 80 feet in length, retrieved from being lost to the State altogether. In the olden days, these rice barges ruled the backwaters, poled along by one or two men, heavily loaded with rice, coconut and other commodities used to ply through the nerves of this agrarian society. From that golden past, houseboats have been converted as accommodation on water to cater to the ever enchanting tourism spectrum of the country. Celebrities have stayed and written about the magnetic and charismatic experience a houseboat offers.
Day 1: Cochin - Munnar
We transfer you to Munnar. Enroute you can enjoy the view of Cheeyapara And Valara Falls. Check in at the Hotel/Resort. Evening at Leisure. Overnight stay at Munnar Hotel/Resort.
Day 2: Munnar
After Breakfast proceed for Munnar sightseeing. Madupetty Dam, Echo Point, Kundala Lake, Photo Point, Tea Museum, International Blossom Park etc. Post lunch we take you to Eravikulam National Park, which is home for the famous Nilgiri Tahr. Overnight stay at Munnar Hotel/Resort.
Day 3: Alleppey
Following the breakfast proceeds to Alleppey for an exotic houseboat trip. Check in to the Houseboat at 12.00 Noon. With the Arabian Sea in the west and a vast network of lakes, lagoons and fresh water rivers criss-crossing it, Alleppey is referred to as the Venice of the East by travelers from across the world. This backwater country is also home to diverse animal and bird life. House boat cruise through narrow canals-Virgin village-paddy fields-historical places - Temples - Snake boat – Coconut beer shop (Toddy shop) -R Block Islands - Kuttanad Village etc Enjoy spectacular lush green paddy fields, where you may enjoy a unique nature, life style of village people and their activities like Coir roping, Toddy tapping etc. Overnight at the Houseboat
Day 4: Cochin
After the breakfast proceed to COCHIN. If time permits we take to local Cochin sight seeing covering Fort Cochin, Jew Synagogue, Dutch Palace, Cathedral Etc. Later we drop you for your departure.
Tour Detail :
- Airfares or Train fares to and from your city.
Any meals other than those included.
Any expenses of personal nature such as Laundry, water,tips, phone calls etc.
Entrance fees and Guide.
Any increase in fuel charges or surcharge in transport or land arrangements that may come into effect prior to the departure.
Any thing not specified in inclusions.
Terms & Conditions :
- Base categories rooms are allotted for the stay at all destinations. The above hotels/resorts are subject to availability.
- In case of non- availability of accommodation at the above hotels, equivalent accommodation would be provided, wherever possible. Munnar And Thekkady Rooms are non A/c being a hill station. Houseboat timings are as per the policies of the operators which will be made available to you for reference. Check in/Checkout time should be as per the hotel rules.
- All pick up from airport / railway station is only after 6am. All the sightseeing will be provided from 09:00 Am till 05:00 Pm. If your arrival/departure time doesnt match with sightseeing time, (from 09:00 Am till 05:00 Pm), we are helpless. N.B: As per the direction from the Police authorities please carry your valid Photo ID to be produced, if required at the time of check in.
- Policy Regarding CANCELLATION / NO SHOW / EARLY DEPARTURE In the event of cancellation of travel arrangements due to any reasons - we must be informed / notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the time/date we receive your intimation in writing. Cancellation charges would be as follows: 120 days prior to arrival - 5% of the Tour 120 - 61 days prior to your arrival - 10% of the Tour 60 - 31 days prior to your arrival - 25% of the Tour 30 - 16 days prior to your arrival - 40% of the Tour + Actual service cost 15 - 07 days prior to your arrival - 60% of the tour 06 days - 72 hours prior to your arrival - 75% of the tour Less than 72hours or No Show - No Refund Please note - Irrespective of above mentioned cancellations slabs - incase of cancellation of tour services after the booking is made with us - a minimum 10% service charges would be applicable.
- In case of high peak season bookings (during Diwali Holidays and from 20th Dec to 15th Jan) a separate cancellation policy is applicable (which would be advised as and when required). Also there is a seperate cancellation policy for some major chain / * Category hotels like Oberoi Group Hotels,Trident hotels , Taj Hotels, Casino Group of Hotels, Hilton Hotel, Hotel Imperial New Delhi & Other major Hotels as these hotels are charging for 1 night retention charges if cancelled or amended 45 days in advance & retention for entire stay if cancelled or amended any day within 45 days of arrival date .
- There are few hotels, who ask for non- refundable deposit at the time of booking for in Peak Season or at Major Holidays & Festivals. Therefore you are requested to please check with us regarding the refund policy for festive & Holiday Periods in India. In case you cancel the trip after commencement refund would be restricted to a limited amount that too would depend on the amount that we would be able to recover from the hoteliers we patronize. For unused hotel accommodation, chartered transportation and missed meals etc. we do not bear any responsibility to refund. In case of Special Trains Journeys and/or peak season hotel bookings, a separate cancellation policy is applicable which we shall advise you as and when Applicable.
- In case you cancel the trip after commencement, refund would be restricted to a limited amount, which too would depend on the amount that we would be able to recover from our suppliers of services i.e hotels/transporters etc. For unused hotel accommodation, chartered transportation & missed meals, guide services etc. there will be no refund.
- Refund : In regard to refund of unused / unutilized services (which are paid for and cancelled in advance) the refund amount would be worked out on the basis of cancellation policy as described above and the money would be accordingly refunded to the person who has made the payment to us. Please note that the refund process may take 2 - 4 weeks due to banking procedures.
- If the refund is made to the credit card account OR to Bank account, the bank charges would be debited from the refund amount. Travel Insurance: You are required to ensure that you are adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and curtailment. The choice of insurer is the sole discretion of the client. Arrival and Departure Policy - Check-In - 1200 Hours - Early arrival is subject to availability. For guaranteed early check-in, reservation needs to be made starting from the previous night. - Check - Out - 1200 Hours - Late check-outs are available on request and subject to availability / Payment Payments For the services contracted, Advance payment should be made to hold the booking for Hotels - Flight Tickets - Train Tickets on confirmed basis & the balance amount can be paid either before your arrival or upon arrival in INDIA - but definitely before the commencement of the services. We hold the right to decide on the amount to be paid as advance payment, based on the nature of service & the time left for the commencement of the service. Besides above, in certain cases like Train Journeys, hotels or resorts bookings during the peak season (Christmas/ New Year) or during fairs/festivals / Long Weekends, full payment may be required in order to hold space on CONFIRMED BASIS.
- Please note that such payments are NON REFUNDABLE. Mode of Payment Advance payment can be made through Transfer to our bank.. We accept Master and Visa Credit cards. Upon arrival in INDIA visting at our OFFICE, the payment can be made in cash. In case of payment through credit card, a small amount of bank processing fee would be applicable on the amount being paid by credit cards. Our liabilities & limitations All efforts will be made sincerely to maintain the contract made by our organization with its customers but there are always possibilities of certain Items like airfares, entrance fee at the monuments or drastic increase in fuel costs etc. getting more expensive without any notice from the Govt. authorities. In such FORCE MAJURO, the difference in the cost would be borne by the customers.
- We can act only in the capacity of agent for the hotels, airlines, transporters, railways & contractors providing other services & all exchange orders, receipts, contracts & tickets issued by us are issued subject to terms & conditions under which these services are provided by actual suppliers. All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or even after the commencement of the tour. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants safety, comfort & general well being. Our rates are based on the prevailing rates as negotiated by us with the hotels, airlines etc. Hotels and Airlines retain the right to modify the rates without notice. In case of such changes the rates quoted before the modification, can be changed by us according to the modifications by hotels or airlines.
- All hotel bookings are based on usual check in and check out time of the hotels until unless indicated in the itinerary. We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred - directly or indirectly - due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, accident, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, landslides, closures/blocades due to political unrest or any such incidents.
- We shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting - directly or indirectly - from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferages, epidemics, medical or defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
- We do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. Visitors are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country. All baggages & personal property/s at all times are at the client’s risk. Our transport is certainly Insured as per Indian Motor Vehicles Act and claims, if any, will be made as per the rules of the Insurance Companies in Indian Rupees.